Austin Healey sought

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Austin Healey sought
From: RLDesign@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 20:43:35 -0500
I'm looking for a side-curtain big healey. I had a BN4 (100-6) a few years
ago, which I bought for $4500 and used as my daily car, including snow and
rain (and this was at a point when I had to wear a suit to the office; on a
rainy day I'd arrive with my left leg soaked from the bad door seal, my lap
drenched from the header rail, and my right leg damp from the wiper seal...).

Anyway, I had to sell it when finances caught up with me, and have regretted
it ever since. Happily, I'm now in a position to buy another one, and
absolutely will not sell whatever I get this time, unless it's to fund the
purchase of a low mileage Pacific Green BN7 tri-carb...

I'm looking for a "driver," as I have little interest in showing the car. If
it's been restored, fine. If not, all the better. Originality is my first
concern, followed by body condition.

In order, I'd be most interested in: BN7 3000 two-seaters, BT7 center-shift
tri-carbs, BT7 Side curtain 3000 4-seaters, BN2 100's, BN1 100's, BN6 100-6
2-seaters, BN4 100-6 4-seaters built at Abingdon. I'm not interested in cars
with disc wheels, no overdrive, or (sacrilegious) transplanted engines.

I'm posting here because there is very little for sale in the Seattle area,
and the stuff that is has either fallen into the hands of speculating
butchers or is priced by people who still think it's 1988-89, or both. I'm
hoping to spend up to $15K, and would be willing to restore a "dry" car.
Finders fee gladly paid, if you hook me up with the right car. Thanks for
reading...