Battery cut-off switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca
Subject: Battery cut-off switch
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 13:18:06 PST
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 08:03:23 EST
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Subject: Re:  Battery cut-off switch

>The latest issue of Moss Motoring advertises a battery cut-off switch
>that "is sized to fit  the negative battery post and therefore should
>be used only on negative ground systems".  My question is: why can't
>they be used on the negative terminal of a positive ground system?

I don't understand why on earth<G> it is only supposed to be used on
negative ground systems. When I get my positive ground '67BGT on the
road I was considering using a cut-off switch on the negative
terminal. Electrically it should make no difference which terminal you
disconnect.

Mark  = =o&o

        I have one of these switches on my Sunbeam Talbot which has the
positive ground and I have the switch on the negative post of the battery
(the "hot" side on this car) and it works just fine. I can see no reason
*not* to mount it this way. BTW, I have them installed on all my cars for
"just in case" reasons. I purchased mine from i.p.d. (Volvo aftermarket
parts suppliers).

Bob

Robert A. C. Hamilton, N.S.C.C., Institute of Technology, Halifax, N.S.
E-mail: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 12/14/94
Time: 13:18:06