Skip's new motor

To: skip@automatrix.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Skip's new motor
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 12:07:42 GMT

Skip,

What a super wife! I think an XJ6 4.2 Mark I or II would suit you best.
These are cheap, plentiful and quite simple to maintain - the only problem,
in the UK at least, is rust. They have dual SUs and absolutely no
electronics. Avoid the 2.8 which is slow and troublesome, while I believe
the B-W 35 autotrans (?) is a bit weak - a manual might be better. There
should be enough room for five in comfort.

Sure the Mark III is much prettier IMHO, but unless you are an electronics
and FI guru, it will be trouble.

Paul.