Re: British Re: Spitfire Bumper

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Re: Spitfire Bumper
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 12:44:52 -0500
On Tue, 06 Dec 1994 10:54:39 -0400 (EDT), Margaret Watson wrote:

I have removed the additional chrome box cover on the back bumper of my '78
Spit.  In addition, I have removed the big, ugly, black bumper extensions.
The remaining chrome section is much more attractive, but I need to cover the
brackets for the black extensions.  Will the black bumper extensions from a
Mark IV fit on the same brackets?

My reply:

Not to pick nits, but the Mark IV Spit didn't have rear bumper extensions.
They were not introduced until the '74 1500 model. If my (dusty and cobweb
filled) memory serves me, the '74 overriders should fit with a minimum of
modification to the mounting brackets.

Doug Mitchell - '73 Spitfire 1500