re:Austin-Healey Rear Reflectors, BMIHT Certificates

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Austin-Healey Rear Reflectors, BMIHT Certificates
From: "daniel (d.) eskenazi" <dve@bnr.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 12:20:00 -0500
>I am restoring a '63 BJ7 basket case and am puzzled as to how the rear
>reflectors (mounted above the tail lights) attach. All I have is the red
>plastic reflectors and the chrome ring that they fit into. There must be
>some other parts that these fit onto that then mounts to the car.
>Olin Kane
>Albuquerque
>okane@usa.net

For once a question even I can answer!
It sounds like you are missing the black rubber grommet/moulding that
holds it all together.  The reflector fits into the moulding, then
you press the assembly into the hole in the body, and then put on
the chrome ring.  I doubt if you can buy the rubber part separately...
you will probably have to purchase the complete rear reflector
assemblies.  And on that note...

Just got a new Moss newsletter and noticed that they are now selling
the conical rear reflector that is correct for early Healey 3000s.
Anyone want to buy two nearly-new flat reflectors?  Never been
wrecked and no rust ever!

Regarding the BMIHT Certificate thread, thought I would pass along
what I've learned regarding method of payment for us Yanks.  Someone
had suggested payment via International Money Order.  That will
probably work, but this would cost an extra $20 at my bank.  BMIHT
does NOT take credit cards, but they DO take personal cheques, so
a personal cheque seems to be the payment-method-of-choice.

Yours SOLfully,

Daniel Eskenazi - dve@bnr.ca
Bell Northern Research - Research Triangle Part, North Carolina