MGB Battery Tiedown

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Battery Tiedown
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 1994 10:30:55 +0000
Curtis:

I have a 73 B with a 12 volt.... once you get it in there it is WEDGED
and unlikely to shift.  However, for peace of mind, I have a tiedown band
(don't know its real name.  This is an 18" or so length of rubber with S
hooks on either end).  You can hook this to the battery box and over the
top if you are concerned abound the battery jumping up.  I think this
depends on exactly what size battery you are using, and how bent your box
is.  If your battery is small enough to move, you might want two tiedown
straps crossed over the top, or something.

A more important thing in this case is to make sure the cable clamps are
insulated.  If it does shift, you don't want the positive post or clamp
to short to the body.

John M. Trindle     | Williamsburg Town Square  | jtrindle@tsquare.com
T-Square Company    | 804-220-0533 login: bbs   | trindle@widomaker.com
ISS/FSPlan for FS5  | Free Internet Mail        | 70303.3506@compuserve.com