Re: Motorcycle Chain Oil

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motorcycle Chain Oil
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 94 20:53:58 PDT
>From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)>|Subject: oiling leaf

springs (again)

>Fellow friends:

>Some time last week, during the discussion of oiling leaf springs, someone

>posted a remark concerning a product (used for motorcycles?) that contained
>a heavier oil dissolved in a volatile solvent, all in an aerosol.

>Will "I remember Squeaky Fromm" Zehring

Will,

        The stuff I use on my M/C chain is "Silkolene" Chain Lube and comes
in an aerosol can, and contains no "flouro..." whatevers (i.e. it is
environmentally friendly) so you don't feel self conscious using it in front
of your "green" friends. :-) I'm going to try it on the 13 leaves in each
rear spring of the Sunbeam Talbot and Alpine. That is right 13 leaves!

Bob
Robert A. C. Hamilton, Waverley, N.S., Canada
E-mail: rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca
Date: 10/29/94
Time: 20:53:58