'69 MGB ign. lite mystery - update

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '69 MGB ign. lite mystery - update
From: Frank Condelli <ad793@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 05:52:59 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks, all of you who responded to my plea.  Firstly, I do leave the keys
in the car while at work !  My work is construction/renovation and the
place I'm at right now is Barry's Bay, a very secluded spot on the Ottawa
River, between Arnprior ans Ottawa.  There is no need to worry !!
Secondly the car has the "newer" altenator system not that generator and
mousetrap setup which I knew could cause the problem.  But with the
altenator I couldn't figure.  Someone mentioned that maybe a bad diode in
the altenator could be the culprit.  Sounds possible to me.  At any rate,
the problem has gone away just as mysteriously as it showed up, so I don't
have a problem to solve any longer. {:-) This whole episode may have had
something to do with antifreeze getting in the altenator last week after I
changed the thermostate to the winter one and the car inatially overheated
and blew it's rad cap and coolant all over the engine compartment.  I
suppose it is as reluctant to see the summer disapear as I am.

Cheers,

Frank

--
              *  Frank Condelli  *  Kinburn, Ontario, Canada  *
                      *  ad793@Freenet.carleton.ca  *