Draining the fuel tank

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Draining the fuel tank
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 08:33:21 -0400
>Jim  -  Have an old clunk (1927 brand X) out in the barn that likes to
>collect water in the fuel tank during cold storage.  Solved this by
>draining all fuel in the fall and then leaving off the filler cap.  Put a
>cloth over the opening to keep out dirt and the creepy crawlers.

Sounds like a good idea.  Being a novice at this, perhaps someone could
enlighten me as to the best way to drain the tank?  I have thought about
siphening (sp?) the fuel from the tank via the outlet that runs to the
fuel pump, but is there another (better) way?

To answer Roland's question:
I'd bet that if the pipe to the carbs is disconnected at both ends,
the fuel would flow right out of the end that is lower.  It would
probably be a good idea to run the gas out of the carbs too.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!