Propane (Was: Morgan for sale)

To: larry@access.digex.net (larry rubin)
Subject: Propane (Was: Morgan for sale)
From: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 94 11:10:31 EDT
> FOR SALE:  1970 Morgan Plus 8
> Rover V-8 gasoline powered (never propane) engine, Moss 4-speed gearbox
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am curious about this.  Why would propane conversion be a Bad Thing for
a Rover V8?

I've been researching propane conversion as one possible way of keeping
the go-fast goodies on my LBC and still being able to meet the strict new
emissions tests which start in many places in the USA next year.  The bad
news here is that if you do a dual conversion so that you can use either
propane or gasoline(petrol), you have to meet the gasoline emissions
standards, so you haven't gained anything.  I would want any conversion I
did to be reversable (this is on a '79 Midget, not exactly the scarcest
of LBC's).

Has anyone on the list ever converted an LBC to/from propane?

timd@hitu.enet.dec.com  (Tim Dziechowski)