Re: Question for all Triumph owners.......

Subject: Re: Question for all Triumph owners.......
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 10:18:59 PDT
Dan Ness:

Some possibilities for that 1930s Triumph, based on a quick glance at photos
in Robson and Langworth's _Triumph Cars; the complete story_ (Croydon,
England: Motor Racing Publications, Ltd., second edition 1988 -- ISBN
0-947981-28-4):
 1934 Ten -- p.51
 1935 Gloria six-light saloon -- p.73
 1936 Vitesse (either factory or Cross & Ellis coachwork) -- p.78
 1936 (autumn) the original Dolomite production car -- p.98
 193? Continental (same body shell as Vitesse) -- p.100 [not likely to be
this one, as book speculates that only one survives, in Canada]
 1938 Dolomite Royal Saloon -- p. 106, 108

I included the page numbers in case you have or can get access to the book to
look for yourself.

All of the above meet the criteria at least of four suicide doors and big
chrome grilles. Don't know about wood steering wheels or aluminium bodies.

BTW, not to nitpick, but the Dolomite "waterfall" grille -- a REALLY huge
chrome grille -- is a virtual copy not from the Chrysler Airflow, but the
(Hudson) Terraplane.

In any case, the price might not be too bad if the car is complete, solid,
etc. Not that there's a large amount of interest here in the colonies for
that sort of car....

Andy Mace

-- who, as usual, has the interest but not the principal (or space in the
barn, or....), but if it's not too far from Albany, NY, I'd consider
going to see it!