Re: ^2 Another Volvo bites the dust!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (Scions of Lucas)
Subject: Re: ^2 Another Volvo bites the dust!
From: Brian Wertz <brian@hpbs5274.boi.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 94 15:45:49 MDT
> Ray Gibbons from the brit-car list writes:
>
> Somehow, Volvos keep figuring in our discussions.  I have watched Volvos
> from afar, and developed some observations about this marque:

        [ comments about reasons for purchasing Volvos deleted...]

   Hanging in my cubicle at work is an advertisement from about 5 years
ago.  It has a picture of a Lotus Esprit and a Volvo station wagon.
The caption reads "What to do when your family outgrows the Lotus."
The rest of the ad, which I hacked off long ago, proclaimed the merits
of Volvos and their acceleration, handling, etc.

   In place of this last part, I taped on a piece of paper with my
solution for handling the scenario where the family outgrew the Lotus:

             Sell the Family!

I always envisioned this as a typical response that David Letterman
might have said...

   Being single with no dependents, I don't have to worry about considering
this weighty question!!

Brian Wertz             brian@txaggie.boi.hp.com             '93 Lotus Esprit