GT-6's that idle in strange ways..

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT-6's that idle in strange ways..
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 12:39:43 -31702 (PDT)
On Tue, 4 Oct 1994 lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com wrote:

> Most of the stuff on my GT6+ is working pretty well at the moment (quick,
> must find some wood to knock on...) and now I've got to fix the ridiculous
> 2500 RPM idle on this car. I currently yank out the choke to slow it down

Larry, sounds like your temp compensator valves have a burnt cone, are
maladjusted, or are stuck open.
        Also check to see if the diaphragm is ripped in the bypass valves.

> 2. The brass seats for the needles appear to be 1/4" or more below the
>    base of the chamber in the carb body. On the 175CDSEs on my TR250,
>    the seat is just a little bit (1/32") below the carb body. But,
>    according to the book, these seats are pressed into the carb body.

Yes they're pressed in.  The spacing you mention is correct for that
carb body.

        Have you checked for an external vaccuum leak at the carb base
already, I didn't remember if you mentioned that.

Good Luck,
                Greg Meboe