It's going to be a long winter

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: It's going to be a long winter
From: gord.mummery@SHERIDANC.ON.CA (Gord Mummery)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 08:49:04 -0500
        Thanks to backordered parts I was unable to drive my 69 TR6 this
year. The garage performing the restoration now assures me that the car
will be ready in november ( just in time for the snow ).
        During the long summer we discovered a couple of little horrors
including; a baffed piston, a bent throwout bearing bracket, a nasty grove
worn into my throwout bearing and alot of terrible rust hidden under bondo.
So on with the engine rebuild, on with the tranny rebuild, on with 2 new
rear fenders, new rear valance, new front valance etc. etc. Well I should
have a new car by november.
        Well, getting the car back in the early winter may not be so bad.
The paint will have time to cure. I can completely redo the interior and
rebuild the brake system (why, because it's there). I can fall asleep
infront of the fireplace and dream of spring drives with no breakdowns and
cheap gas. Oh well, back to reality and a empty garage waiting for some
company!

Gord Mummery                    " I only laugh because it's so true ! "
Technical Support
Sheridan College                   phone      (905) 845-9430 ext. 2125
1430 Trafalgar Rd.                 fax        (905) 815-4011
Oakville, Ontario
Canada