it lives...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: it lives...
From: Andrew Dooley <adooley@umr.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 11:23:13 -0600 (CDT)
   I've been following this group for about a month now, but this is my first
post--I wanted to wait until I officially became SOL.  This happened this
weekend, when I drove my '72 Midget for the first time.  She has no shocks
or floorboards, and I drove from Indianapolis to Rolla, Missouri.  Admittedly,
this was not entirely sane, but it was my only option if I wanted the car: I
have no garage space at home, and I need it down here if I am to work on it.
   The trip home was fairly miserable, but the looks I got from people flying
past made it well worth while.  Now, if I can just get this car remotely
roadworthy...