Really BIG British Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Really BIG British Cars
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 1994 08:43:27 -0400 (EDT)
We're in the peak foliage season here in Northern New England. The annual
"Fall Foliage" parade was held yesterday in North Adams, which my wife and I
attended with our 2 year old daughter. No LBC's in the parade, as expected --
but there was a "GIANT BC !!

A fellow from Vermont apparently purchased a wrecked Greyhound bus (or some
similarly huge wheel-based diesel vehicle) and hand-built a body for it, at
approximately a 3:1 scale (in my estimation) to resemble a MG T series. Uh,
that is, if you look at it from a distance. Maybe. The driver's seat is about
ten feet off the ground, and it seats six people abreast. It looks like Paul
Bunyon should drive it! It's about 40-45 feet long. It must have been a load of
fun to build something like that - I'd like to see the owner bring it to a
show so I could have a closer look.

Yes, I'm a big kid at heart. I love to drive my LBC, but I also admire
ingenuity and novelty.

                                -Doug

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of my restoration style"

        Doug Phillips (Douglas.W.Phillips@Williams.edu)
        1952 MG TD, Member, New England T Register (#11109) and Berkshire
        County British Motor Car Club / Williams College, Williamstown, MA