More Stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More Stereotypes
From: Mark Clark <markc@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 1994 09:34:55 -0400 (EDT)
Talked with my local LBC parts dealer the other day, and he says the vast
majority (like 90%) of his customers are old guys who wanted one of these
cars in high school but couldn't have one.  They now buy one, restore it
to like new, and keep it in garage, driving once or twice a year.  He
says this is in marked contrast to ten-fifteen years ago, when most of
his customers were young college guys and gals using their cars for
everyday transport.  As a result, he sells more body and interior parts,
but way fewer mechanical and maintnence items.  In fact, he had to add
Subaru parts to his lineup just to stay in business.

Makes sense to me, since I never see anyone younger than myself (33)
driving LBCs around here.  Actually, I hardly ever see LBCs at all :-(

Mark "I drive mine everyday (that it's working, anyway)" Clark

1963 TR-4 "The Tiggermobile"