Re: Computer nerd -> MG nerd ... Tell me why I should(n't)

To: JWisland@aol.com
Subject: Re: Computer nerd -> MG nerd ... Tell me why I should(n't)
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 23:27:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 30 Aug 1994 JWisland@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the entertaining mail (almost as good read as bodge stories) re
> whether I should/not get my first MG.
> Keep 'em coming. As guidance for your stories, is there anyone out there
> whose MG/TR is their _only_ vehicle? with no garage? with limited time/$ to
> put into car?

My TR4 isn't the only car in the familly, but it _is_ my daily
transportation (20,000 miles in an average year) regardless of weather.
It isn't garaged, because my garage is full of my MG TC and bits and
pieces of assorted other ancient MGs.  Money is limited because of tuition
for two daughters and food and board for two horses.  Twenty years ago my
MG TC was my daily driver, and it didn't live in a garage back then
because I didn't have one at the time.

> Now I'm going to do something perhaps very foolish on the Net:
> My birthday is August 31.

Snort!  I suppose you're hoping one of us will gift wrap an MG and leave
it on your driveway!  :)

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)