clickety-clack

Subject: clickety-clack
From: steve jones <JONESS@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 15:24:23 PDT
I would appreciate input on a sound that my 68 spitfire makes. When I decelerat
e especially from about 20mph to zero I hear a clickety clack continuos noise.
It is not loud and is there if the brakes are on or not. At first I thought it
was a busted spoke but now I have solid wheels on and it still does it. It soun
ds exactly like you were driving down a wooden sidewalk. I am *almost* positive
 that it does not appear when I am accelerating although the header and exhaust
 make it hard to hear. It seems to come from the left rear wheel but that is we
re my head is closest to so again not sure. The sound has been there for a mont
h or so and I am continuing to drive. It seems to be more frequent but not anym
ore severe. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
Steve Jones: 68 spitfire, 93 suburban 454.