Re[2]: Chevron Cars

To: Mike Causer <mike@setanta.demon.co.uk>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: Chevron Cars
From: "David Young" <dmy@mailgate.nyserda.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 94 14:49:42 EST
>  Mike Writes:
>
>  Chevron B8 road car -- Drive a racing car on the road -- our B8
>  Coupe is available fully built or as a kit, production savings mean
>  that the kit now starts at GBP9000 + tax.  The B16 Coupe is
>  available to special order.
>
>  So Dave, sell the Europa & get a B8? Of course getting a it past
>  the EPA might be tricky :-( Maybe you'd have to move to England
>  first.

    If I understand it correctly, I get one EPA exemption in my
    lifetime which may have some possibilities.  Moving to England
    would be fun but I have an idea -- I'll set you up as a British
    "parts" dealer.  I can then buy from you my replacement body, my
    replacement rolling chassis, my replacement rebuilt engine, and
    other replacement parts for my ground up restoration of my 1994
    Chevron B8...

    OBlotusContent:  I'm sending requests to Chevron for information
    on their cars.  It would be interesting to compare their
    performance data for their "road" cars to the Lotus Esprit S4.

    TTFN,                     ___
    Dave                  \==='  `\....    71 Lotus Europa S2
    dmy@nyserda.org       `-()------()-`

    BTW I now own two Lotuses.  My brother gave me an EB110 for my
    birthday.  It's actually smaller than my Europa!  In fact about
    1/12 the size ;-)  It's fun to drive at work and makes great motor
    noises as it crosses my desk.