MGB question...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB question...
From: Dan Graves <dan@fubar.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 15:15:22 PDT
content-type:text/plain;charset=us-ascii
mime-version:1.0

I'm in need of some information for my '64 MGB project and, of course, this
is the place to ask.  I'm not on this mailing list so if you respond please
e-mail me directly.

I'm in the process of putting my B back together after painting it in and out.
It has a small block Ford V8 (289) and a C4 tranny but still has the stock
rearend.  Up to this point it's held up fine to the added torque (automatic
tranny probably has a lot to do with it) but the gear ratio is WAY too tall
for the V8.  I have a couple of questions.  First, does anyone know what
rearend MG used in the MGB-GT V8?  And second, does anyone have any ideas
about which rearend to use?  I'd like to get one that has the same bolt
pattern as the stock MG hubs and have it shortened.

By the way, after I'm done with the rearend swap I'll have four wire wheels,
a rearend with splined hubs and the front splined hubs that I'd like to get
rid of REAL cheap.  I'm located in Sacramento CA.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan Graves                                                    '69 E-type OTS
dan@mothra.rose.hp.com                                        '72 BMW 3.0 CS