project green

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested) (Reply Requested)
Subject: project green
From: "PHIL JONES<PHIL.JONES@BBSRC.AC.UK>" <phil.jones@afrc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 16:38:12 +0100
The results of the TR Register project green should appear in the next issue of
TRaction.  There is a fuel additive sold in the UK called a Broquet Catalyst
which seems to have elicited good reports on the use of unleaded fuel in leaded
motors.  It consists of a wire cage (sausage shaped) which is placed in the
fuel tank.  Just what it contains I know not.  It was apparently developed to
allow WW2 fighters such as Spitfires to operate in Russian winters.. Anyone
tried it out there?

When I first ran my exUS TR6 it suffered  a severe fuel starvation I found that
some PO had replaced the Lucas (bless his cotton socks) fuel pump with a wierd
Italian one, I replaced that with a Facet.  Would that qualify as a bodge?
What have yu guys got against epoxy anyway?
Phil<phil.jones@bbsrc.ac.uk>
1975 TR6 (lhd), 1959 MGA (to be restored)
Luton, UK.
Plant virologists do it with  carborundum