Re: Stealing cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stealing cars
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 16:00:42 EDT
>       I have always found that the cars I have with the engine removed very
>       rarely get stolen! Of course there always is that peskey car thief
>       with the tow truck so I guess even that method is not full proof :-)
>       Hmmm, maybe the rear suspension too huh? (sorry I just couldn't
>       resist)

        Don't joke about that!  My original Sprite ('65 1098 with more bondo
than steel, an engine that used 1 qt oil per hundred miles, no 4th gear,
and a blown out front brake hose) was stolen from the parking lot at college
with a tow-bar.  Not only that, but I'd removed the distributer cap and wires,
and also some of the instruments (to fix my nicer '67 1275 sprite).

        Randell Jesup, '70 TR6 (now with it's inner-rear-axles on my desk -
the ujoint that was making noise decided it was tired of this transmitting-
torque stuff.  I'm now good enough that I can pop a TR6 inner rear in less
than 1/2 hour, including getting recalcitrant bolts free.)