Alpine Trans & Rear end rebuilders?

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alpine Trans & Rear end rebuilders?
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 08:14:37 -0700 (PDT)
After making A REALLY BAD NOISE the other day, my Alpine made an
even worse noise yesterday (i.e. clanking like the driveshaft was
gonna fall off), but this noise would stop after the clutch pedal
was pushed in and the car was still moving (although the rear end
still whined just as loud regardless :-).  It's time for me to bite
the bullet and pay to have these things rebuilt.  I really could
use some info on anyone (preferably in the S.F. or Monterrey Bay
area) who could competantly rebuild these parts.  I would like
to get them back in time to be able to drive to the All-British
car meet and the day before event in September.  Anyone have any
experience with this?  Thanks for your help!

Kevin Meek                       1960 Sunbeam Alpine Series I
kevnmeek@netcom.com                         1976 Jaguar XJ12L
Santa Cruz, California      1975 Suburban & 1986 Volvo 740GLE