Restorer's malaise (was New Disease)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Restorer's malaise (was New Disease)
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 94 10:53:36 EDT
Fellow fiends:

I would suggest an additional symptom to "Restorer's Malaise," though
perhaps a reletively mild one:

The restoration never actually is completed.  A clear majority of my local
lbc pals who have done restorations actually never completed them.  That is,
there were always a few things that they *intended* to do that they never
actually did.  Mostly minor things, not crucial to performance or safety
perhaps, but none the less, there they were.  For my case: I never really
properly installed the carpeting on a '60 MGA I did about five years ago.  I
never repaired the windshield wiper motor.  I fully intended to do those
things and never actually did.  Now the car is gone.

I would further suspect that even if you don't suffer from full blown
restorer's malaise that you *do* suffer from this particular symptom.  Show
me a fully restored and completed project and I'll show you...

never mind.

Will "Dr. Detroit" Zehring