Re: Source for Header

To: mws1@admin01.osi.COM (Matt Silveira x257)
Subject: Re: Source for Header
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 08:51:37 -0500 (CDT)
Matt Silveira writes >

> My recommendation is to check for a company called PAECO.  They are
> somewhere in the Southern half of the US (I believe) and sometimes run
> ads in such wonderful rags as C&D and R&T.  Else, look at Hemmings for
> a source.
>
> P.S. PAECO also provides other "cool" HIPO stuff for your BMC and
> J@#$!ese car.

>From the British-cars Monster List of vendors:

------------------------------------
PAECO
2400-M Mountain Drive
Birmingham, AL 35226
800-326-6401
205-323-8376
205-823-7278 (205-823-PART)

Almost everyone I talk to says to steer clear of Paeco, especially for
engine work. There have been many problems dealing with these folks, both
technical and business. Rocky posted a sob story about and engine job they
blew for him a while back, and cost him a lot of $$ and time.  - Roger
Garnett
For Healeys: Engine rebuild services, short blocks, engine parts, high
performance parts, clutch & brake parts, Webers, SU parts, air
cleaners,headers, oil coolers, roll bars. - from Healey list
Their catalogue has pictures of linkages, exploded views of carbs etc. I
remember seeing those ball-end type linkages in their catalogue. - unknown
This is largely an SCCA production-car place.  Lots of go-fast goodies.
Don't buy their swaybars, they are ADDCO, which are cheaper at J. C.
Whitney. - Phil Ethier
Race parts for British cars. Decent selection and price, occasional sales.
Much of what they sell is just resale of Addco, Monza, etc.  Beware of
bait-and-switch in their catalog - parts shipped may not meet the drawing
on the catalog page. Ask lots of questions if there are any doubts. I
ordered what I thought was going to be a nice cast Mocal oil cooler
adapter and ended up with a $60 hunk of aluminum with badly threaded
1/2NPT adapters. - Chris Kent Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>