Re: Rocker Arm Lubrication

To: Dave Lapham <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker Arm Lubrication
From: James Penry <penry@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 1994 01:33:37 -0400 (EDT)
On 3 Aug 1994, Dave Lapham wrote:

>                       Rocker Arm Lubrication
> Mssr. Penry asks --
>
> > When removing the oil filler cap, how much oil is being
> > pumped to the rocker through the tiny hole you can see?

> You should be able to remove the valve cover and run the
> engine with little or no spillage of oil.  If you
> get a large flow of oil out of the rockers, or if it
> "squirts", your bushings are worn and this will contribute
> to lower oil pressure.

Good, I noticed very little oil movement beneath the valve cover, and was
wondering if that was a sign of poor lubrication.  Oil pressure meter
indicates 30 lbs at idle, and up to around 60 lbs at running RPMs.

> As for your overheating, geez you've already done a lot of
> work.  Let us know the cause when you finally find it!

I definitely will let all of you know what the problem is, even if it
turns out to make me look silly.  I'm prepared for this to be a learning
experience.  I have been humbled by this problem.  I thought I could
handle a little overheating problem.  Guess I was wrong.

                                      Smaller, but not Beaten,
                                      Buck Penry (Virginia Beach, VA, USA)
Buck Penry      | A Triumph that overheats is worthless, except as a cure
penry@infi.net  | for perfectly natural sleep habits.