Aluminum Body Work in SF Bay Area

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, fordnatics@freud.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Aluminum Body Work in SF Bay Area
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 21:43:38 -0700
A couple of nights ago I received a surprise call from fellow Cobra
owner David Halstead.  It was a surprise because I haven't heard from
Dave for about three years.  Dave owns a Vineyard Green 289 which he
bought new in 1964.

The reason he called is because he's looking of for
a good body shop here in the SF Bay Area.  Seems someone put a ding in
his snake in the parking lot where he works.  He also wants to get some
other work done while he's at it.  His car has the typical stress cracks
between the doors and rear fenders so common to leaf-spring Cobras and
AC Aces; a consequence of their rather flexible frame.  Anyway, Dave is
looking for a place that specializes in aluminum body work; or it least
has some proven expertise doing this kind of work.  Since Dave lives in
the San Jose area a local place is preferred but I think he would be
willing to travel a bit if necessary.  He's not looking for concours
quality but would like something better than the standard "insurance
job".

Dave doesn't have net access yet so I offered to post this request for
him.  Please send your replys to me.

Thanks,

Roland
cobra@cdc.hp.com