Side marker lights on MGB

To: BritCar List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side marker lights on MGB
From: "P.J. Hartman" <72047.1766@compuserve.com>
Date: 05 Aug 94 10:31:11 EDT
Last night I noticed that the side (front and rear) marker lights on the right
side of my '77 MGB were Lucasized.  This morning I pulled the front bulb, and it
was a goner.  I was unable to remove the rear bulb because it's sticking in its
socket too well, so I can't determine whether or not it's a goner too.  My
question is: are these lamps wired in series?  If I replace the front (and I
will) bulb, will it fix the front light alone or is it dependent upon the rear
lamp?

        P.J.