BUGEYE parts (part two??)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BUGEYE parts (part two??)
From: wiggins@mrcbs.med.yale.edu (CHRISTOPHER J. WIGGINS)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 16:00:40 -0400
(apologies if half composed message made it out earlier)

Finally back on the list, after move nearer my Austin and new accounts, etc.

Been killing myself waiting to get on and let this one out:

Whilst perusing some rubbish at a tag sale I spotted an orange something
tied to the garage beams. At first I was side on, and thought it was something
like the front end to a jetski. Moving around I found that it was instead the
bonnet/hood/whatever from a Bugeye, complete with at least one Lucas headlamp
(other was there-just cant say that it was Lucas or not-did not check). I
enquired after the rest of the beast, but alas it seems it was owned by the
ladies son, who had fixed it up and then had it totalled, bar the front. He
couldnt bear to see it all go, so when the rest was scrapped he saved the
bonnet, as it was (and still seems to be) in virtually perfect shape.

This all happened years ago (greater than 10, perhaps more like 20). The son
has moved away from home, the mother wants rid of it. Unfortunately it wont
fit on my America, but I am sure someone out there might be interested. I
asked about other bits and the answer was that that was all that there was
(but in truth I spotted the rear axle off something by the back wall of
the garage-who ever does pick this up should keep their eyes open just in
case!).

The location is in Port Washington, on Long Island in New York (approx. 30mi.
from Manhattan). Anyone who is interested should phone this woman's daughter
at her hardware store, for which the details are:

Donna Santoli
(516) 767 0068 (days)

I hope this might help someone complete a resto!

Chris Wiggins (wiggins@mrcbs.med.yale.edu)
'57 VW Beetle
'71 Austin America