going to California, too

Subject: going to California, too
From: Gregory T Fieldson <fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 14:32:24 -0400
  Well, after about a year of trying, I have finally managed to secure
admission into  the world  of the gainfully employed. What this means,
in practical  terms, is that I will be moving from Baltimore, Maryland
to Palo  Alto, California  around the  16th of September. I knew I was
doing the  right thing  when I discovered a British car shop about .25
miles from where I will be working (the Burnett's British Auto Service
on El Camino Real).

   Although I  am not  completely free of anxiety, I am really excited
about this.  I will finally have the resources to actually restore the
cars that  I have. Even more importantly, I will be able to *purchase*
more lbc's!  Yes, I  definitely am part of the "more is better" subset
of autoculture.

   I note  with regret that I won't be moving soon enough to catch the
British Car  Day at  Palo Alto, or the Day Before either. On the other
hand it was more interesing reading the itinerary this year than last;
I was in San Gregorio and Bonny Doon just two weeks ago.

  I would definitely be interested in meeting the various SOL-mates in
the the  bay area.  I definitely  could use  some pointers on where to
live, what  repair shops  to avoid  and so forth. I also come equipped
with a  pretty good  mechanic's tool  set and a respectable talent for
using them.  I would  be happy  to trade  a little  "grinding" (wrench
turning) for received wisdom on lbc's and, of course, good beer.

  Heading west...

greg
----

Gregory Fieldson                        fieldson@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
Department of Chemical Engineering  --  The Johns Hopkins University