Correct Alpine II Engine colour?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Correct Alpine II Engine colour?
From: brian@harpo.ampr.ab.ca (Brian Hutchison)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 12:36:14 -0600
Hi all,

I've got a Sunbeam Alpine Series II that I'm building a 1592 engine for,
and I'm at the point now where I have to choose a colour for the darn
thing. The car is bright red (aren't they all :-) Sadly, none of my
reference materials have any colour pictures of the engine bay, so I have
no idea what colour it's supposed to be. The block I have was black, but
after 30 years of questionable history, I'd be quite surprised if it's
original. Actually, I'm not really stuck on originality, but am hoping to
arrive at a reasonable compromise between originality and aesthetics. With
an engine bay as poorly laid out as this one, every little bit counts!

Suggestions? Facts? Experiences? Hearsay? All opinions welcome...

Thanks in advance!

- Brian Hutchison            |
  brian@harpo.ampr.ab.ca     |              Gumball.