HOT SPIT !

To: penry@infi.net
Subject: HOT SPIT !
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 12:36:19 -0400
Well Buck,

You have certainly coverd the bases on this one. The only two things I
can suggest are:

1. (Less likely) The viscous coupling on the fan is a piece of rubbish.
Go for a Kenlowe electric unit and avoid the drag on the engine.

2. OIL OIL OIL : is the screen on the oil pump blocked? As a result are
the oil passages restricted too?  (Do you suffer the heartbreak of ...)
Sorry. The spit is very prone to heating up the oil and thus the whole
affair. An oil coller is a must for seriuos drving on the 1500.

However, obviuosly the car should run at midpoint on the gauge without
one. My guess is oil.

3? Well, you never mention the airpump or the pollution control system.
This being bunged can also put a load on the engine and heat it up.

Chris Ball
triumph@io.org
75 Spit
59 TR3A

Oh, and what about unrelated stuff. I had a riend bring an over heating
3A to me once and after looking over the engine I went for a SLOW test
drive. His brakes were ceased ???