Re: Zen and the AMM

To: Scott Fisher <sfisher@megatest.com>
Subject: Re: Zen and the AMM
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 09:36:38 +0000 ()
On Wed, 25 May 1994, Scott Fisher wrote:

> ~ Car content? Well, I think that if I think of why car project as a
> ~ journey and a process (and forget about the distination a little)
> ~ that it will carry me along and result in a much better end product, as
> ~ well as a much better time, in the interim.
>
> Also, specifically LBConvertible content:
>
> Pirsig speaks, if somewhat condescendingly, about touring in cars,
> about the feeling of being boxed up and watching the world go by
> through the windscreen as if watching it on television.

 Yes, that's right in the first few pages I've read to date ! I caught
that too and thought "Well, I can be IN the scene and contemplate even
MORE in the TR3 because I don't have to keep my balance(physically) all the
time"

 > I put the book down and went for a ride in my Midget.

That was much more interesting than reading about some dumb motorcycle,
> anyway... :-)

>Ditto - I drove the Spitfire and got in the most incredable thunderstorm.
Then I went home and the same thing - a huge storm - happened in the book.
This is getting wierd!
CB