Positive ground period radios

To: british-cars@team.net (british-cars),
Subject: Positive ground period radios
From: patrick fitzhorn <patrick@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 11:44:34 -0700
I own a 1960 Jaguar MK2 and am looking for a period, positive ground
radio for it.  Questions are:  what radios and bands
were around during that period.  My parts manual suggests that "medium
wave," "long and medium wave," and "medium and short wave" radios
(Jag parts C.16615, C.16616 and C.16617) were all optional at purchase.
Was (or is) there a difference between available radio bands in the
US (where I am) and the UK?

I really don't want to modify the ground (positive to negative) just
to install a radio, although there has been an excellent thread on
this subject in the jag mailing list.  As well, I would prefer a
period radio to keep the car as "original" as possible although I
don't intend on having it judged.  It's my daily driver.

Thanks.  If there's enough response and interest, I'll post a synopsis
of answers!

Patrick Fitzhorn
Mechanical Engineering
Colorado State University