TD's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TD's
From: malcolm956@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 94 14:40:00 EST
To: John D Borrows <jborrows@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: MG-TDs
ENCOURAGEMENT!TD!ENCOURAGEMENT!TD!ENCOURAGEMENT!TD!ENCOURAGEMENT!TD!

Your TD went into its garage about the same time that I finally sold mine
after an eight year love affair.  Mine disappeared into a lot of boxes and
the body work slowl
y rusted away leaning up against the outside of a garage.  The dreaded new
owner didn't give
 her a good home!  It was too much to bear.

Today people think of the T series MG's as frail anti
ques.  Don't.  They were a car made for hard driving.  Not over-revving, you
understand, but corn
ered hard on winding back roads at night.  That car was very user friendly on
drivers.  I can't tell you how often the TD and I had a conversation that
went like this:
  ME:  OOPS!  I got us into this, can you get us out?
  TD:  OK
And it did.

And the memories.  The Riverside Drive in NYC midwinter with the top down on
the way home from night school at Columbia.  Drive-in movies in the rain with
the top and side curtains up and the windshield down.  Leaving it parked
overnight on the Quebec City ramparts durin
g a blizzard.  Have you any idea how much snow you can get through the
louvers and into the SU'
s and around the highly waterproof (ha!) Lucas distributor?

Get'em running and use them.  Well, save one for posterity and run the living
daylights out of the other.

=====__
Malcolm R Forbes   Merrimack NH   <malcolm956@aol.com>