Miscellany

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Miscellany
From: mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 94 14:28:46 -0600
A few disjointed thoughts.  First, re: the Midget dizzy and EI conversions,
has anyone tried a Bosch setup?  A friend of mine installed a Bosch electronic
ignition (magnetic timing trigger in dizzy sends 0.5 V impulse to module that
sends 20 V impulse to big honking coil) in his BMW 2002tii, with remarkable
success.  I have purchased the dizzy, coil, and module for such a system (out
of a YUGO in a junkyard!  The whole setup was $20!) and am considering
installing it on my '74 Midget.  Actually, I think part of the reason that the
conversion worked so well on the 2002 was because at the same time he recurved
the dizzy to a less emissions-oriented profile.  Anyway, has anyone used this
particular ignition on an LBC, particularly an A-Series?  Did it work?

Also, on my Midget, I need to install swaybars.  The general consensus seems
to be that the Winners Circle items are the way to go, but do I want the
larger or smaller bars?

Additionally, does anyone have a good recommendation for Midget brake pads
that aren't as prone to fade as the stock items, but don't demand massive
pedal pressure in normal use?

Saving up for swaybars, A008RS2 tires, and lots of autocross fees,

Michael T. Chaffee
mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu