Monza exhaust (was GT6 exhaust, mags)

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monza exhaust (was GT6 exhaust, mags)
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 94 16:52:42 EST
I ran a 1974 Spitfire 1500 about five years ago with a Monza exhaust (and
headers, of course, but no other modifications on a c. 1977 Spitfire motor,
save
for removal of pumps, rails and related smog parts). IT WAS LOUD!!! Perhaps not
surprisingly, when I later returned to a stock cast-iron
manifold and exhaust system, the car was not only quieter but faster and more
economical. I'm sure the latter was due to the otherwise *stock*
condition of the motor.

Monzas also tend to be a pain to mount, especially if, like me, you hate to
drill lots of extra holes in the trunk floor.

Admittedly, though, the four exhaust pipe tips coming out under the rear
valence
do look mean....

Andy *I learned years ago that you can't sneak home late at night with a loud
exhaust* Mace