Squeeky bushes !

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars listserver)
Subject: Squeeky bushes !
From: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 9:44:42 GMT
Dear All,

I have a question - the rubber bushes where the A frame attaches to the
chassis of my Caterham Seven squeek.  It sounds like I am driving a cheap
french Hotel with thin walls !  The exhaust note covers it up a bit but
the last thing I need is another excuse to drive it fast :-)

I have been using rubber slip, this cures the problem for about a month
and then the squeeking returns.  I am worried about using LM grease
incase it eats the bushes but will copper slip be OK ?

As a followup to a recent thread concerning learner drivers my younger
brother (17 in a week and able to drive) asked if I could insure him
to drive my Seven - I could almost hear the cacophony of laughter from
my insurance broker "Insure a 17 year old on a provisional licence to
drive a car with 200+ hp ton ha ha ha ha "

I suggested maybe he stick with the Fiat Panda for a bit !

Cheers,

Ben.
--
|   Ben Hodson,            |   Email : hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk       |
|   Philips Research Labs, |   Tel : 0293 785544 ext 5750              |