Exhaust Manifolds and EGRs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust Manifolds and EGRs
From: j4loucks@sms.business.uwo.ca (John Loucks)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 94 17:19:22 EST
As I mention earlier, Special Interest sent me a manifold for a 77 or later
Midget but I have a 1975. As near as I can tell the ports and the flange to
the exhaust system are the same but the EGR is located on the top of the
manifold instead of on the bottom front.

My mechanic suggests that we do without the EGR valve as my air pump was
removed long ago. Does the EGR serve any purpose without an air pump? Should I
just plug the holes and go? Ontario does not have smog tests, and though I
would prefer not to cause pollution, I cannot get a manifold for my car at a
reasonable price. This is especially true now that I paid SI $200 for this one
and they wont refund my money. Apparently they only give credits!

John "Boy I love customer service" Loucks
John "Gee I wonder what 'Satisfaction Guarantee' really means then" Loucks

@@  John A. Loucks                      @@ If you go for a job interview,  @@
@@  (519) 432-6691                      @@ do you ask if they prosecute?   @@
@@  Western Business School             @@                  Jack Handey    @@
@@  J4Loucks@sms.business.uwo.ca        @@ HBS, what's that?               @@