Re: CA Vanity Plates?

To: Cobra@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: CA Vanity Plates?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 16:48:30 -0800
>From: Cobra@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)

> I thought about a personalized plate for my GT500 when I got the car
> 12 years ago.
>
> But I am grateful I never got around to it.  Simply because I want
> to keep the car as close to original as possible (within reason) and
> that black and yellow California plate is a very desireable asset
> on a pre 1970 collector car.

If I still had the original yellow on black plates, I wouldn't even
consider it.  Problem is I left the state for a while and when I re-
registered in CA, I got the yellow on blue plates.  Ugly in the extreme,
in my opinion.  Even dumber, I tossed the Hi Performance Motors
frames when put the out-of-state plates on.  Sigh.

I've partially compensated for the blue plates by only having the rear
mounted.  Hopefully I won't get pulled over for this.  I've gotten
eyeballed by lots of cops but never stopped for anything.  So far.

Roland