Jag engine, propane heaters

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag engine, propane heaters
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 1994 12:35:55 -0500
        I have been helping a friend restore an XK120.  We found
(and bought) a factory modified racing engine for parts.  The head
on the original engine had suffered severe corrosion.  Anyway,
we have a spare block, crankshaft, and (i think) lightened flywheel.
If anybody could use these, send me some mail - I don't have enough
space to keep these things around.  Also, could someone post this
to Jag-lovers?

        I had always used a kerosine torpedo style heater in my
garage.  Although it was generally a very nice heater, it smelled
especially when you turn it on or shut it off.  A few weeks ago
I was at a friend's house and he had a propane heater.  I was so
impressed, I bought one of my own.  It is a 45,000 BTU torpedo style.
Having used it for a week or so, it is definitely superior to my
old kerosine heater - it has no odor.  I would recommend
anyone buying a garage heater to check out the propane models.

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu

P.S. I have a new standard size piston for a spit 1500 engine
looking for a good home - it has rings and wrist pin too.