Re: Interchanging Wheels

To: "Scott Fisher" <sfisher@Megatest.COM>,
Subject: Re: Interchanging Wheels
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 3 Feb 1994 08:45:47 U
                      RE>>Interchanging Wheels
I ASKED FOR INFO ON 15" WHEELS WITH 5 ON 5 BOLT PATTERNS --

>> I'm looking for a 15", five bolt wheel with a five inch bolt
>> pattern (all holes are centered on a circle which has a
>> diameter of five inches) for my Big Healey vintage racer.
>> I'd like a five (or preferably a 5 1/2) inch width ...

SCOTT FISHER PROVIDED A RATHER COMPREHENSIVE LIST.  THANKS SCOTT !!
HE ALSO HAD SOME RELATED COMMENTARY.

> But why not 6"?  Rules for your vintage organization?

BINGO !!

> there's a company in Florida that advertises modern Minilite
> replicas for something like $159 each in 15" diameters

I'LL GET A COPY OF GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS AND CHECK IT OUT.

> (What, is the thought of a mere $600 keeping you from making
> this purchase?  Either you're new to racing and haven't become
> inured to spending money you don't have, or you've been racing
> for long enough that you've run out of credit cards. :-)

SCOTT, YOU'RE SO INTUITIVE !!  ACTUALLY IT'S A LITTLE OF BOTH.
I'M REMINDED OF A RECENT CONVERSATION WITH TWO FRIENDS, BOTH
OF WHOM HAVE TWO BIG HEALEYS.

FRIEND #1 - Nice looking Healey, you do good work.  What did
it cost you overall?

FRIEND #2 - New dining room furniture.

FRIEND #1 - Hmmm, what did your first Healey cost?

FRIEND #2 - A Game Room.