Interchanging Wheels

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interchanging Wheels
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1 Feb 1994 08:32:36 U
                      Interchanging Wheels
  I read Scott Fisher's list describing various wheel swaps which
were possible for LBCs with four bolt patterns.  I wonder if anyone
has similar knowledge regarding five bolt wheels.  Specifically, I'm
looking for a 15", five bolt wheel with a five inch bolt pattern
(all holes are centered on a circle which has a diameter of five
inches) for my Big Healey vintage racer.  I'd like a five (or
preferably a 5 1/2) inch width with a four inch offset (the wheel
should extend four inches inward from the surface of the brake
drum against which it mounts).
  I actually found one such wheel which obviously came off of a
British car, but I don't know the source.  It was a pale green
and had the cleats for mounting a half-moon type hub cap common
to LBCs such as Healeys and Jaguar sedans, but I compared it to
a friend's Jaguar MK II and it didn't match.  The Mark II had what
apeared to be a 4 3/4 inch bolt circle.  The rim I found was five
inches wide.  Someone suggested it might be from a Rover, but I
don't know anyone locally who has one.  Early Ford pickup trucks
(1960's) came with wheels which have such a bolt pattern, but
they're typically six inches wide.  In fact every fifteen inch
wheel I've found by scrounging through junk yards (excuse me,
auto salvage centers) has been at least six inches wide.
  Any comments (well, almost any) will be appreciated.  -- Dave L.