Doing the "right thing"

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Doing the "right thing"
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 13:52:35 -0600 (CST)
gord.mummery@sheridanc.on.ca (Gord Mummery) says

And lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder) replies:
>STOP IT! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! NEVER ASK IF IT'S "THE RIGHT THING" AND
>NEVER SECOND GUESS YOURSELF.

Amen, Larry.  Yup, I passed up a *beautiful* TR6 for $5500 a few years ago
and ended up with a $3300 one that was a lot worse off than I had expected.
So now, 4.5 years and another $3000 or so later, I figure I've got another
2 or 3K to go.  During this process I have learned more than I ever
imagined about Triumphs, even though I had owned four previous Triumphs;
I've accumulated tools that I didn't know existed, and anguished over the
cost and (un)availability of bits that most of us take for granted.  But
I've met some of the most interesting people I've ever known, and had more
fun than I thought could be had with non-running autos.

Would I do it again? ... Uh, if I had to do it again, I'd take the $5500
pristine TR6 that I thought I couldn't afford.  Do I regret it?  NOT ONE
BIT.  AND I NEVER LOOK BACK.  This has been one of the top 5 great
experiences of my life.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726