Doing the "right thing"

To: b-c@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Doing the "right thing"
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 12:20:46 -0600
Gord Mummery asks if spending $8k to restore his TR6 (a classy '69, I
might add) is the "right thing"...

My advice:

STOP IT! NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! NEVER ASK IF IT'S "THE RIGHT THING" AND
NEVER SECOND GUESS YOURSELF.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. Life is an ever-widening tree, and every
decision you make determines which branch you travel. And once you're on
that branch, you can't change it. So enjoy it!

If you asked my wife if my GT6+ is worth the $4000 I've got in it, she will
more than likely say "no" or, worse, a condescending, "I suppose it is to
you." Ask me, and I'll tell you it's a bargain.

And if you ask if the $5k I'm planning on spending to restore the TR250 is
worth it, well, don't ask.

You obviously spent the money because you wanted a restored TR6. Sounds real
good to me. I LIKE the '69s...

So stop worrying and ENJOY it!

Larry