Re: Wheels-MGB

To: ghall@goshen.connected.com
Subject: Re: Wheels-MGB
From: sfisher@Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 13:55:32 PST
> I have the notion that there have been several recent queries
> about higher performance wheels and what wheels fit what cars.
> Obviously I was paying little attention.  But, today I was
> leafing through Terry Jackson's book -- reading the picture
> captions-- and noticed someone was using Mitsubishi wheels on a
> racing MGB. A less-expensive alternative to Minilites was the
> claim.  Thought this might be of some use on the off chance B's
> were involved in the thread.

Well, if you're really cheap and want to scrounge through a junk
yard looking for old rims, here are some crossovers for popular
LBCs.  Of course, this doesn't include wire-wheel equipped cars,
for which you're basically, well, SOL. :-)

Note that for the MGB at least, Datsun 280ZX wheels are available
in 14 x 6" widths and MGB bolt patterns.  If anyone would like to
purchase a set of four of these, I have been toying with the idea
of getting new rims for the Datsun and would consider the sale of
the existing rims (kinda cute, 6-point star-type aluminum alloys,
with 195-70R14 tires in good shape) a decent starting point.

(See, now if I'd bought a 300ZX, I could have fit its 5-lug rims
on my 122S... Now THAT would be something I'd pay a dollar to see!)

--Scott "The Tim Curry of the automotive world" Fisher

----------------LBC wheel interchange chart follows-------------------

4 on 3-3/4
        Austin Marina
        Triumph Spitfire, TR7