FreeB?

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: FreeB?
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 09:53:22 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(FreeB?) File(JAN27941.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 01-27-1994 .. 09:45:07
 I may have just had a stroke of luck!
Last night while having coffee in a local eating establishment
I overheard a lady at the next table talking about her MG. When
her companion left the table I asked her what year her car was
etc. and in converstation found out that she acctually had two
73' MGB's (one for parts). She offered to give me the other
car if I would swap the hood and one front fender out from it
with her other car.
In further discusstion she said that the car was mostly whole
but that the engine was taken apart and was in boxes and that
the crank shaft was missing. That is ok with me since I would
likely be putting a different engine in it anyway (rotary).
Now for my question. How hard is it to swap out the fender
and hood on a 73'B? On my TR-3 it's real easy, just a few bolts,
but I thought that the B was a welded unibody car? Secondly,
if I do go for this "Free" B what should I look for that would
make it a basket case? I don't mind a little rust here and there
but is there some place that usually rots out that is imortant
like a structural support that once rotted out the car is history?
I already think I know what I am going to do here ( I have always
wanted a chrom bumper B), but some advice would help.
I haven't mentioned this to my wife yet so "mumms the word ok".
Now lets see how do I fit 2-tr3's, 1-modle A, 1-boat and an
MGB into a two car garage??????????????/

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-3666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !