Re: U.S. Spec Fiesta - What to do?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: U.S. Spec Fiesta - What to do?
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 10:43:44 GMT
           >drake.73@osu.edu (Andrew_Drake) asks:

            Subject: U.S. Spec Fiesta - What to do?

            I have a 1979 U.S. specification Fiesta S (yes it's pumpkin orange)
that I
            really want to go a bit faster. What are some cheap and easy mods I
can do?

If I remember from my days at Ford, the US Fiesta has the
1600 Kent Cross-flow, which is one of the most tunable
engines you can get - it won the London-Mexico World Cup
Rally for example - so there's a lot of stuff to choose
from. From the UK, these would be Cortina and Escort parts,
but over there there might be something made for the
dynamic 1600 Pinto.

Paul.