parts bin spring cleaning

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: parts bin spring cleaning
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 94 13:35:06 MST
@LURK_MODE=OFF

SOL mates,

In 1976, while I was still in high school, I was working for a
car repair shop that specialzed in LBC's. In the last month of
my employment there my paycheque bounced, and the company was on
its knees (not my fault!). In place of the paycheque I seized a
Daimler SP250 and a BMW 2000 TII. When they paid me cash for the
bounced cheque I returned the cars and agreed to help them out
by cleaning up the remaining car repairs and project cars etc.
(cash in advance, hey, it's tough being a student!)

@VERBOSITY=OFF

In the cleanup of the shop there were certain items which would
have gone in the garbage, so as part of the deal I 'saved' them.
One item was a BIG box of NOS Lucas lenses. Over the years,
while I've had my Mini's in car shows, I've taken the box with
me and given away all the stuff that belonged on the cars at the
show. One guy with an Isetta just about kissed me (EUCCH!) when
I pulled out a set of red lenses to replace the amber ones he'd
been using. Anyway there's some stuff left that doesn't seem to
fit anything I've come across. The list follows. If anyone has a
Lucas reference book that can tell me what the stuff is from
I'll try to find it a home, or if an item is *yours* let's make
a deal. I was thinking a cheque in my name sent to MiniMania to
1) offset the mailing costs and 2) assist in the restoration of
my '69 Cooper.

description                                     lucas number
rear lens, plastic red x2 (L & R?)                      L596
rear lens, plastic red                                  L593
lens, plastic, amber (front?)                           L717
rear lens, plastic, red, left x2                        L456
rear lens, glass, red c/w chrome and rubber              484
lens plastic, clear                                     L630
lens plastic, clear                                     L662
lens, plastic, amber, side marker?                      L734
lens, plastic, round c/w chrome                         L538
lens, plastic, front, clear & amber (cracked)           L792
lens, glass, reflector                                   329
lens, glass, frosted white (little and cute!) pair    573615
lens, glass, frosted white, interior 3" long 1" high 3 ribs (?)
distributor weight x2                                 400150
distributor shaft (x2) + lobe + drive, fits 400150 I think
distributor clamp marked with '840' on a arm that sticks up
 above the clamp base which holds the advance mechanism (??)
distributor lobe (tag says '53 Rover or Wolsey)      4709922
Vacuum advance unit                                   420537
Wiper wheel box (3" long shaft) marked     739544 and 72592K
Signal lever (early MGB? it looks used)         'Model 85SA'
Signal lever with horn push                     'Model 42SA'
Smiths Speedo 120 MPH, 4", SN6144/00, 1040 ratio early MGB?
   27695 mi on clock an appears to be working! no glass
Jaeger C-H temp gage 2" round, Alpine?
Smiths C-N-H temp gage 2" round, early +ve ground  TC4303/06

That's the list, all the stuff is "shop soiled", ie, it's been
sitting around a long time, but if you need one of the items
you already know ya cant just nick down to WalMart and pick them
up!

@LURK_MODE=ON

Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut    | Go in deeper, come out
voice (403)466-6004                   |harder and come from
Fax (403)469-8650                     |behind!, That's what it's
chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca          |like to race a Mini!